This last month in Club we have been working on memorizing Philippians 4:4-7 as our JOY verse. Here’s a few helps we came up with to get it deep in our minds so God can let it’s roots grow deep in our hearts…
“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say, rejoice!”
- We sing a song about that. That helps us remember the start.
Next, stroke your hand like a little kitten…
“Let your gentleness”
- Remember us stroking our hands last year to help with “for I am gentle and lowly in heart & you shall find rest for your souls”? This is to remind you about gentleness, too. Be gentle petting that little kitty.
“Be known to all men.”
- Point to your head for known.
“The Lord is at hand.”
- Stick your hands out in front of you.
Next shake your head for no. Remember NOT to do the next thing…
“Be anxious for nothing”
- NOTHING!! We are not to be anxious. Period. Shake your head, wag your fingers, no, NO!
“But in everything, by prayer & supplication…”
- Put your hands in the praying position.
“and with thanksgiving”
- !! Don’t forget this part! Put your hands up & wiggle them in praise! Note: this doesn’t say”BY Thanksgiving” or “UNTIL Thanksgiving”! We had two little guys rub their tummies thinking all about that turkey coming up next month. WITH. It’s WITH thanksgiving (little t).
“let your requests be made known to God.”
- Point up to God to Whom you tell what you need.
“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding”
- Say the first part kind of quickly, then say “all” really drawn out.
“will guard your hearts”
- Put both hands on your heart.
“and your minds”
- Put your hand to your head.
“through Christ Jesus.”
- It’s all because of Him. PTL!